.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Blog Brothers

Two Black-Irish-American brothers from the mythical city of Albany, New York ponder their 20th century adventures from either side of the Pacific Ocean; Bob in Kyoto, Japan and Mick in Santa Barbara, California.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Iceberg Looming

Funny, I remember the Fellini scene as well, with the ice looming up before me. I may have been on a tricycle but don't remember. My head had a way of finding hard objects, though, so I may have been propelled by some invisible force. The work of sorcerers, most likely.

I thought they were still delivering ice to homes which still had iceboxes, it still being the Great Ice Age, just before the Great Age of Refrigeration. My daughters think I grew up in the Little House on the Prairie when they hear stories such as this, or the one you mentioned about Freihofer's bread wagon. But do tell it anyway.

By the way, I never knew that was Mom in background. Sue would have been about a year old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home