.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Blog Brothers

Two Black-Irish-American brothers from the mythical city of Albany, New York ponder their 20th century adventures from either side of the Pacific Ocean; Bob in Kyoto, Japan and Mick in Santa Barbara, California.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Lineup







The usual suspects:
Bob, Pat Villani, and Mick, probably during one of those real winters of the late 1940s, when the snow could very well be over your head when you rolled out in the morning, wearing so many layers that you couldn't afford to fall down.

As I recall, several very large people forced us to line up for this mug shot, interrupting the important work at hand: snowball velocity testing, planning sessions with the Snow Fort Commission, and lab experiments in the creation of yellow snow. By the way, Bob and I were cleared of all charges. The guy in the middle was detained for dressing funny.

8 Comments:

Blogger Robert Brady said...

Echo says I look exactly like Kasumi when she was that age...

7:35 PM  
Blogger Mick Brady said...

After looking through the photo archives, I'd have to say I agree with her. Amazing.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

The Brady Boys strike again...love the photo Mick. Is that snow goggles on Bob's head? I look at the three of you and can't help but think....."One of these things is NOT like the others...."

5:48 PM  
Blogger Mary Lou said...

LOLOL you all look the kids in the CHRISTMAS STORY!!

12:29 AM  
Blogger Ted said...

Mary lou - I checked out my photo archives from when I was a wee lad because I thought that the three in the lineup looked like some of my friends. They do. We looked at some of my wife's photos and she apparently had the same group of ragmuffins surrounding her. I'm from SD and she is from MA and it appears that we are all dressed by the same tailor. Nice posting Mick

4:48 PM  
Blogger 1000myths said...

We were doing belly whoppers down the big hill off the Aqueduct. My Flexible Flyer was in a bad way after colliding with other "Flyers" coming down the icy hill for the previous three winters. The two middle slats that ran vertically between the steering handles and the tail were loose. When I hit a big bump down near the middle of the hill, my "whatsis" got caught between the two slats. I thought I was gonna sing sorprano in the choir for the rest of my life. I dragged myself and my Flyer back up to the junior boys dorm and Nurse was standing outside. She looked at me and asked if I was OK? I nodded and headed inside. How could I tell her what the slats had done?

4:59 PM  
Blogger Mick Brady said...

Great stories, guys. So do you sing soprano, or what? All this talk about Flexible Flyers just reminded me of a tobogganing adventure Bob and I had a bit later in life. My next post?

9:02 PM  
Blogger samcandide said...

How did you make the Brady arms flow into the white margins?

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home