.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Blog Brothers

Two Black-Irish-American brothers from the mythical city of Albany, New York ponder their 20th century adventures from either side of the Pacific Ocean; Bob in Kyoto, Japan and Mick in Santa Barbara, California.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Here's To You, Mrs. Robinson

Bob, I have to correct something, just for the record. In an earlier post, The One True Church, I offhandedly remarked that Shirley Connell was my second great love; Dodo Einstein, Albert's daughter, being the first. Wrong.

My real first love was Mom, that beautiful movie star of a mother, whom I remember gazing up at, moonstruck, as a wee lad. All little boys fall in love with their mothers, I suppose, but she made it so easy.

This newspaper clipping shows her as a young, vivacious waitress, time and location unknown, echoing my earliest memories of her.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert Brady said...

That's just the way Mom looked the first time I saw her...

9:29 PM  
Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Mick, I love this picture of your Mom. She is just lovely. I can understand why she was your first love.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home